Meet Your Massage Therapist:
Janet Juenke, LMT has practiced massage therapy for more than 25 years. Janet graduated from East West College of the Healing Arts in Portland, Oregon.
Throughout the years, Janet has taken and passed State written and practical exams, as well as one of the first national massage exams ever given by the National Certification Board For Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). Janet has practiced in Oregon, Colorado and Alaska.
Janet specializes in Neuromuscular and Deep Tissue Massage and Relaxation Massage for muscle pain, injury and post surgery conditions. She has provided therapy for a multitude of patients ranging from treatment of every day stress and anxiety to more intricate needs of chronic muscle, tendon, joint and nerve issues. Janet provides massage excellence with accompanying herbal liniments, herbal patches and infra red heat.
“I have found myself through the mutual healing process that practicing massage therapy has given me. I believe massage therapy is truly a part of who I am in this world. It is my great pleasure to aide in the health and wellbeing of another through balancing and harmonizing life’s physical and spiritual essence!” ~Janet
The Origins of Massage Therapy:
Massage therapy has deep roots. It is one of the oldest Healing Art Forms providing great benefits to the human body and psyche. Massage therapy can be traced back several thousand years in many cultures. Massage therapy proved to be a useful tool, even in ancient China, to bring balance to the physical, emotional and spiritual body.
Some Conditions Benefitting From Massage:
- Muscle Ache, Pain, Stiffness and Inflammation
- Spinal Curvatures / Posture Problems
- Post-Surgery Rehabilitation: Knee/Hip/Shoulder/Back/Neck
- Tension Headaches / Migraines Related to Muscle Pain
- Osteoarthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post-Stroke Muscle Hyper Tonicity
- Stress / Anxiety / Depression
- Assists in Lower Blood Pressure
- Exercise Performance through Muscle Conditioning and Functioning
Some Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Cardiovascular Health — Increased Blood and Energy Circulation
- Increased Oxygen and Nutrients into damaged and or stagnant tissue
- Assists in reducing pain, stiffness and inflammation in muscle tissue and joints
- Increases Range of Motion (ROM)
- Reduces Stress — Relaxes the body creating a balancing function and sense of well-being
- Aides in Anxiety and Depression
Schedule your massage therapy session with Janet today and discover your YOUtopia.